The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) has announced its new e-course on sustainable development. The 6-week web-based program will run from November 5th to December 14th, 2012 , and will cover a diverse range of topics surrounding the Institutional Framework for Sustainable Development (IFSD).
Subject matter includes the current institutional architecture for sustainable development frameworks, the reform process and its relation to the Rio+20 Conference on Sustainable Development, and topical policy issues requiring institutional responses from the sustainable development network. By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Explain sustainable development challenges demanding effective international institutions
- Outline key milestones of developing and reforming international institutions
- Chart and analyze the current international IFSD
- Recognize key linkages between international, national, and sub-national sustainable development governance
- Analyze key policy issues relevant for the Rio+20 negotiations and beyond
- Assess options to strengthen the current IFSD
The course is open to anyone with an interest in deepening their understanding of sustainable development issues. Registration is open until October 28th, 2012.