International Advisory Board
The International Advisory Board to the Global Environmental Governance Forum comprises six individuals who assist with the conceptualization, organization and follow-up to the Forum. The Advisory Board has selected the younger participants through a competitive application process, and advises on the conference agenda and structure.
- Mehjabeen Abidi-Habib, Senior Research Fellow, Sustainable Development Study Centre, Pakistan; Chair, LEAD International Board of Directors
- Mohamed El-Ashry, Senior Fellow with the United Nations Foundation; CEO and Chairman of the Global Environment Facility (1991-2003)
- Mark Halle, European Representative and Director, Trade and Investment, International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD), Geneva
- Yolanda Kakabadse, President of IUCN (1996-2004); founder of Fundación Futuro Latino Americano
- Julia Marton-Lefèvre, Director General of IUCN; former Rector of UN-mandated University for Peace; former Executive Director of LEAD International; former Director of International Council for Science
- Philippe Roch, Director of the Swiss Federal Office of the Environment (1992-2005)
The Management Team for the Global Environmental Governance Forum comprises representatives of the convening organization, the Global Environmental Governance Project, as a joint initiative of the College of William and Mary and the Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy, and partner organizations UNEP, UNITAR, and the Horn of Africa Regional Environment Center. The individuals on the team are engaged in the conceptualization and organization of the Forum. Under their management, the Forum has taken shape, from the structure and agenda of the conference, to the logistics involved in bringing together a truly global spectrum of participants.
- Maria Ivanova, Director of the Global Environmental Governance Project and Assistant Professor of Government and Environmental Policy at the College of William and Mary
- Daniel Esty, Director of the Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy and Hillhouse Professor of Environmental Law and Policy at Yale University
- John Scanlon, Principal Advisor to the Executive Director, UNEP
- Achim Halpaap, Associate Director of Training Department and Head of Environment Unit, UNITAR
- Araya Asfaw , Director of the Horn of Africa Regional Environment Center at the University of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia